Select Page
Name Changes
Home → Family Law → Name Changes

A Legal Name Change Is Relevant

Name changes for adults can be accomplished through a divorce, or by filing a petition with the court. Name changes for adults are a pretty simple process; name changes for children are easy if both parents agree. If one parent does not agree to the name change, the judge will be reluctant to grant the name change. However, if the opposing parent does not exercise parenting time or make support payments, it is still possible that the judge will allow the name change despite the other parent’s objection. There are other situations where a judge will grant a name change, as well. Call our office at (812) 725-7533 to discuss your situation if you are attempting to change the name of your child without the other parent’s consent.