Landlord/Tenant Law

We offer some of the lowest prices for standard evictions in Kentucky and Indiana.

The process in Indiana is relatively simple. We file a small claims suit, serve the tenant, and have a hearing to obtain a Judgment for past due rent and a Writ of Possession (Eviction). If, after the tenant moves out, there are damages, a separate hearing must be held to obtain a Judgment for damages.

In Kentucky the landlord must first send a certified letter to the tenant with specific requirements. The time period is seven days if so specified in the lease, otherwise, the landlord must give the tenant thirty days after receipt of the certified letter. If rent is not paid within thirty days, we can then file for eviction and have a hearing to obtain a Forcible Detainer. If the tenant does not move out voluntarily, the landlord can obtain a Warrant of Possession, which requires paying additional court costs and sheriff fees. After the tenant has successfully been evicted, if there are damages, the landlord must have yet another hearing to obtain a Judgment for past due rent and damages.

Please contact us today if you own rental property and need assistance with evictions. Our process is streamlined to make it as easy for you as possible.

Have A Question?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Anna K. Murray & Associates, P.C.
607 Watt Street
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Phone: 812-269-2095
Fax: 812-284-1113
Map & Directions