Name Changes

Name changes for adults can be accomplished through a divorce, or by filing a petition with the Court. Name changes for adults are a pretty simple process.

Name changes for children are easy if both parents agree. If one parent does not agree to the name change, the judge will be reluctant to grant the name change. However, if the opposing parent does not exercise parenting time or make support payments, it is still possible that the judge will allow the name change despite the other parent's objection. There are other situations where a judge will grant a name change, as well. Call our office to discuss your situation if you are attempting to change the name of your child without the other parent's consent.

Have A Question?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Anna K. Murray & Associates, P.C.
607 Watt Street
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Phone: 812-269-2095
Fax: 812-284-1113
Map & Directions